PlayStation 4 is the platform that offers great gaming experience. With the help of this gaming console, you can connect to a big screen and stream videos of HD quality from different sources. And Kodi is the open source software that facilitates online streaming of media for its users. This online media streaming platform was developed by XBMC/ Kodi Foundation and was earlier known as XBMC. The software has been designed such that it is very flexible and available on all Operating Systems and hardware platforms. And so now the question arises that can you use the Kodi application in PS4?
As Kodi is unavailable on PS3 or PS4, you will need some help to get the app running on the gaming console. And so today we are going to discuss the process of how to install Kodi on PlayStation 4 using PLEX application.
Is it Possible to Install Kodi on PS4?
Many of the Kodi users have come up with a question that, is it possible to run Kodi on PS4? And the answer is yes. While both Kodi and PS4 are one of the best in their fields and popular all over the world. Since there is no direct method for the installation of Kodi on PS4, you can make use of alternative methods. One of the methods to install Kodi on PlayStation 4 is using the PLEX application.
Apart from using other applications, the process of accessing Kodi directly on PS4 is still in process. But one can be helpful that for the better functioning and installation, a new method will soon be designed. You can check out their official site for more information regarding the installation of Kodi.
How to Install Kodi on PS4?
As we mentioned above, you will need the PLEX app to install Kodi on PS4. Firstly visit Google Play Store and download the app on your Android device. Now follow the given steps-
Step 1: After downloading the app, create a PLEX Id. And then wait till it connects to the media.
Step 2: Now login to your PLEX account using your ID, and then click on the “Stay in Trial Mode” option.
Step 3: Go to the Settings and select System. Then enable the settings which say- Advertise as a server, Show camera roll media, and Network discovery.
Now you need to download the PLEX application from PlayStation Store on your PS4 to get the app running on your device.
Step 1: To begin with, launch the PlayStation Store on your device. Now open the “Apps” section by clicking on it.
Step 2: Then click on the “Popular” button to enter the section. Several apps will be displayed, scroll down till you find the PLEX app.
Step 3: Click on the download option and wait until the process completes. After the app is installed successfully, click on the Start button to access it.
Step 4: The PLEX app will soon start from the TV and Video tab. If you are a new user, create a PLEX account or if you already have an account, log in to the account using your credentials.
Step 5: After signing in to your PLEX account on the PlayStation console, a code will be displayed. Using this code you will be able to navigate to PLEX’s official web address.
Step 6: Now sign-in again and wait for a little time. You will now get a message with the download link for the app. Also, there will be an error message saying- “Unable to Play Media Error.”
Step 7: If you have not downloaded the app on your Android device, do it now. Also, sign in with your LEX credentials. Also, make sure that both your PlayStation and Android device are connected to the same network.
Step 8: Now complete the process stated above on your Android device.
You will now be able to get Kodi on PS4 and enjoy live streaming options.
Advantages of Kodi PS4 App
- One of the recommendable and best features of Kodi is the high audio and video quality along with open source media player. Processing it along with PlayStation 4 makes this combination one of the best services worldwide.
- Installation of Kodi on PS4 is quite easy. You will just need the PLEX application. Create an account on PLEX and log in with the Id. You can install the app from Google Play Store or PlayStation Store.
- The various Kodi add-ons were enough to attract the users. And now the feature of installing Kodi on PS4 is like an added advantage. You can get all the information regarding its add-ons from the official website of Kodi.
- The method of installation of Kodi through PLEX app has made it compatible with the different OS like Android or iOS. And so now you can use Kodi on PS4 media player daily.
Some Facts for the Newbies
- You can share your media content with your family, friends, and relatives. It is one of the best features that most of the users are unknown, and anyone can access your content.
- Using the My Program part present in the PLEX app, you can install any third party app. And for this, there is an inbuilt emulator that the app offers.
- Many of the users question on the combination of the duo, but to everyone’s surprise, the power of Audio and Video of Kodi is combined with the gaming potential of PlayStation.
- PLEX app helps in overcoming the limitations of Kodi multimedia player. PLEX app helps in adding more value through Kodi add-ons enriching the player’s services.
So, guys, this was one alternative way to get Kodi on PS4. In case you have any doubts regarding the installation process or the features that it offers, do let us know in the comment section.